What's In My Bag: Isobel
Welcome to my “What’s In My Bag”!
Here’s my bag:
(Well, not exactly this one, but one very similar to it from Forever21 that I couldn’t find an image of on the internet)
My go to bag during the summer is a backpack, because I work at a day camp and I’m constantly moving. That said, we also have a SUPER casual uniform, t-shirt, misc casual pants and sneakers, so I try to sneak in a little style here and there. That’s where the leather material comes in.
Inside I’ve got:
2. Sunglasses: I have at least ten pairs of sunglasses (I really haven’t yet met a pair I didn’t like) but these are my favorites by far.
3. Band-Aids: Kids are, without a doubt, drawn to sharp corners. Not a day goes by that I don’t need at least one of these.
4. Water Bottle- gotta stay hydrated!
5. Eyeliner & Mascara (Stila Stay All Day Longwear Liquid Liner + Dior Diorshow Iconic Black Mascara, respectively) my job is non-stop 8 am to 4 pm, so naturally, it’s exhausting. Having these on me helps me stay bright eyed while I’m sorta dying on the inside.
7. Mini Embroidery Hoop: to be honest, I never thought of myself as someone who practices needlecrafts BUT, I was completely inspired by the costumes of Game of Thrones. Those things are works of art and most of them are embellished with hand-done embroidery. My friend and coworker was a textiles major in college, so she’s showing me the ropes and we’re practicing together!
8. Especially in the summer I like to go for easy, but interesting books. Here are a few I’m reading now- Never Have I Ever by Katie Heaney, What I Was Doing While You Were Breeding by Kristin Newman, both of which can be found in the humor section of your local bookstore and are essentially two different takes on being a long-term single woman, and collection of short fiction called Funny Once by Antonya Nelson.
9. Wallet: Mine is from Kate Spade SATURDAY, and you can get it here. This periwinkle blue is one of my favorite colors.
Tell us what’s in your bag! Take a pic or write a note and send it to our Instagram: @trimmagazine or Twitter: @TrimMagazine!