Favorites For Festival Season
Festival season is among us, folks. It’s time for mud dancing, no-sleep camping, moonlit-jamming, ice pop licking, and road tripping adventures; but before you pack up the car and go, make sure you’ve got the right outfits to keep you comfortable and cool. Even if you’re not heading to a festival this summer, embrace your inner hippie with some of our festival-inspired ideas for the summertime:
Flared & Fabulous:
Keep it casual with this laid-back, classic look. A pair of bell-bottom jeans and a muscle tee are the perfect way to stay comfortable while keeping that effortless put-together vibe. Tuck your hair back into an embellished headband or tie a long scarf to pull it back and keep your hair out of your face.
Best in Black:
While all-black might not be the smartest choice for those sweltering summer days, we know those of you with a black-clothing addiction just can’t be shaken. With a shady hat and a lightweight kimono, this all-dark outfit allows you to stay cool without having to sacrifice your favorite color. Throw on some gold accents and you are ready to go!
Fun-loving Flower Child:
For the ultimate flower child look, simply pair a flowy lace white dress with combats boots and some flowers in your hair.
Cool & Collected:
Hotter than you planned? Pair a simple crochet crop top with high waisted denim shorts for the “least amount of clothing yet still acceptable” look, and get decked out in accessories of your choice.
That's A Wrap:
Or, if you want to add a little flair to this simple, comfortable outfit, pair the crochet top with a flowy, wrap-around skirt for a classic, festival look. Etsy has a lot of options when it comes to these types of skirts, so take your pick and go wild!
Tips for Festival Dressing
1. Comfortable, secure shoes are a must. You’ll be on your feet all day. No matter how badly you want to bring your Litas, you have to face facts: they will most likely get ruined. Instead, grab a cheap pair of tennis shoes from Target, Urban Outfitters, or your local thrift store so you’ll not only be comfortable on your feet all day, but when they’re irreversibly trashed when you return to the real world, it won’t be too difficult to part with them.
2. Skip out on the Rompers and Jumpsuits this time. Do you really want to be naked in a port-a-potty? Didn’t think so.
3. Be prepared for any weather. Don’t make the mistake of bringing all cut off shorts or even worse, all sweaters. The weather is unpredictable, so dress in layers.
4. Bring a hands-free bag if possible. Think cross-body or backpack. You’ll be dancing too much to have to worry about your stuff.
5. Have fun, go crazy. If there was ever a time to break out that neon, tie-dye maxi dress, that time is now. Don’t care so much about what looks good to others, wear what you love.
Our Top 5 Packing Essentials
1. Headbands. Lots of them. Flowers, beaded, chain, you name it.
2. Maxi skirts and dresses to keep cool
3. Bralettes. They’re cute, functional, and way more comfortable than a real bra, especially on a long, hot day.
4. A pair of cheap, comfortable, and close-toed shoes
5. A durable bag, either a cross-body bag or a backpack
If you create any of these looks, or want to share any of your own ideas, post a picture on instagram with #TRIMfestivalfashion, and don’t forget to follow us @TrimMagazine while you’re there! And stay tuned for more festival posts coming your way in the near future!
Your favorite roomies,
Victoria Tripsas and Danielle Amato
instagram: @vtripz and @danielleamato